June 22, 2011

Wisconsin Opener 2011



Friday May 6th Guy and I headed to Wisconsin for our annual trip to the Cable area for the opener. Once we arrived the group formed the morning plans. Our first stop of the day was to the "Nam". It didn't take long and Guy put the first walleye in the boat and he followed up with another nice one. I finally got in on the action but mine pulled off at the boat. A short time later I got one for the well and the walleye action all but stopped. We decided to go look for some smallie action. I was working a jig and minnow down a point when I got a tap and set into a nice fish. As it would turn out it would be my best fish of the weekend a 18 1/2" smallie. We worked the area some more but couldn't entice another. We left the Nam for our secret lake. The water was cold and the bass just were not ready for our assault. We would get a few here and there but it was slow. That was pretty much the story for Sunday and Monday morning as well. We had a fun trip and enjoyed hanging with the sconi boys again. I am already looking forward to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment