June 23, 2011

Maple Lake-RB

Sunday June 5th was the first Tournament of the year for The Renegade Bassers. We fished Maple Lake near Annandale. I was next to last to take off and was partnered with Darin one of the guys in the club. I started in the big shallow bay the west side of the lake. I was chucking a frog over the mats. It dadn't take long and was putting my 5 in the livewell and Darin was starting to get the hang of frog fishing. We made the pass through and went to the back lake to a spot I had found the week before and got a few that would help and Darin secured his limit. I the went into the middle lke and fished a row of docks that good the week before. I worked with a tube and a senko and got a few more that bumped up my weight a few ounces at a time. we then hit a deep weedline with the hope some of the post spawnwers had moved out. It started out good as I landed my big fish of the day 3.08 largemouth. We kept catching them but they were all small and you had to get through the toothy critters to even get a bite. We went back to froggin and Darin caught one that would help him and I lost a giant that got tanlged in the mat and pulled off. At weigh in I weighed in 9.85 pounds and that put me in 5th place. Congratulation to Pat P for the win with 14.19 and to Chris A for Big Bass at 4.16. Our next club tournament is in July at the Whitefish Chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment