June 3, 2009

GHB Sylvia/Twin

The first Golden Hook Bassers tournament of the year was on Sylvia/Twin on Sunday. As it was the first of the year everyone showed up early and was ready to go. I was paired Daryl one of the new club members. I was drawn as boat 9 which was last out so I directed everyone out and finally got to go. I had found a productive area last Saturday prefishing so we headed there as our starting spot. When we arrived I just stepped on the front deck and Daryl already had a fish. I grabbed the net and he was on the board. I started throwing a Outkast stick worm but all I could get was panfish tugging on it. I switched to a texas rigged Lake Fork tube craw and it was on. I had a limit in 45 minutes and was culling. We made a final pass through the area and I picked up a nice 2 1/2 pounder. By this time the wind had picked up again and boat control was becoming an issue. I had a lone dock that produced a couple nice fish last Saturday so that was the next spot we hit. I caught a few shorts and then I brought what was my big fish for the day a 2.68 pound chunk to the boat. Daryl continued to push his way toward a limit. We ran a stretch of docks and he still was at 4. I ran to an area I had fished 5 years ago when we fished there the last time. We caught fish all along but nothing that would help. Daryl finally got that 5th fish for the live well and was pumped because it was his first limit. Great job Daryl... The rest of the day we just ran spot to spot trying to upgrade. I ended up with 9.28 pounds which was good enough for 5th place. Congratulations to Dave M for winning with 12.01 pounds and to Pat C for Big Bass at 2.88. For full results check out the web site: www.goldenhookbassers.org/index_files/results.htm
The next GHB tournament is on Washington/Stella on June 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment