June 16, 2010

RB-Medicine Lake

Saturday June 12th was the first tournament of the year for the Renegade Bassers. We fished Medicine Lake in Plymouth. My draw partner for the day was Mark N. We were boat 3 to take off. Mark started the day off by putting a nice 3 pounder in the boat on a spinnerbait. I was struggling to put a fish in the boat. We moved shallow then deep but just could not get them to go. I finally got number one on a spinnerbait. There was a stretch of docks that I wanted to hit but someone had started just ahead of me. I waited for a bit then went in behind them. I fired a Lake Fork Ring Fry in the dock and the line started swimming away I set in to it and knew right away it was big. Mark got the net under it and a 5 pounder was in the boat. Between docks I was burning the spinnerbait and got another 2 1/2 for my 3rd fish. we moved to some mid lake humps and Mark caught number 2. we then hit some shallow milfoil patches and I was able to fill out my limit. We spent the rest of the day covering water. I was able to cull up a few times but in the end I ended up a bit short. I weighed in 13.50 pounds and a 5.01 Big Bass. Mark ended the day with 4 fish for 7.89. Congrats to Guy K for winning with 15.04 pounds. The next Renegade Bassers tournament is on Green Lake in Spicer in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment