October 12, 2010

RB-Rush Lake

Saturday Aug. 14th brought the Renegade Bassers to Rush Lake. I was scheduled to fish alone but Guy had to leave early so he jumped in with me for the 3 1/2 hours he could fish. We started fishing a shallow reed bed in the west side. I was flipping a Texas rigged tube craw and a jig. Finally I connected with a good fish and had one in the box. Guy followed up with one of his own. We moved to a new area and Guy scored right off the bat and followed with another. Guy had to leave so we weighed his fish and he was off. I then ran to a few other spots that I had caught fish pre fishing but all I could catch were short ones. I ran to some new water but could not get anything going. Finally I ran back to where we started and put a 3rd fish in the box. That was it for me for the day. I weighed in 3 fish for 5.91 pounds. My big fish was 3.75. It was just one of those days where everything I did was wrong. I had to put it behind me as on Sunday we fished another club event on Waconia. Congrats to Chris A for the win with 12.45 pounds and Steve W for a 3.85 Big Bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment